We are a fast-growing company with a single lofty goal: to bring personal aviation to the general public. Innovating at the leading edge of electric aviation technology, we have developed BlackFly, the world’s first ultralight all-electric fixed-wing VTOL personal aircraft. Join us in ushering in a new age of aviation.
We have an opening for a Software Engineer with 1 to 5 years of professional experience. New grads with coop work experience are welcome to apply. The role will largely focus on developing a user friendly system for human control. The ideal candidate would be capable of working in other software domains as necessary.
- Develop software/firmware for projects related to user input and feedback systems
- Contribute to the design of an intuitive human machine interface
- Assist in flight testing both locally and at remote sites (some travel required)
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related
- Strong software skills in C/C++ and a higher level language (Python, C#, or Java)
- Hands-on experience through employment, student teams, co-op, and/or personal projects
- Experience with Linux development
- Experience with popular UI frameworks and design patterns
- Embedded development experience
- Familiarity with fullstack development for web applications
- Network programming experience
- Interest in RC planes, quadcopters, or aviation
- Resourceful, curious, and never satisfied with the status quo
- Always thinking about how to make things more efficient
- Strong work ethic and detail-oriented
- Love learning and being challenged
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States and willing to relocate to Palo Alto, CA. To apply, send your cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcripts to email@example.com. Be sure to include Software Engineer (UX/UI) and your name in the subject line.