We are a fast-growing company with a single lofty goal: to bring personal aviation to the general public. Innovating at the leading edge of electric aviation technology, we have developed BlackFly, the world’s first ultralight all-electric fixed-wing VTOL personal aircraft. Join us in ushering in a new age of aviation.
We have an opening for a Navigation and Control Software Engineer with 2 to 10 years of professional experience. New grads with coop work experience are welcome to apply. The role will largely focus on improving vehicle autonomy and controls performance. The ideal candidate would be capable of working in other software domains as necessary.
- System identification, control systems development, path planning, and performance tuning
- Improve testing automation, software quality, and data collection/analysis
- Assist in flight testing both locally and at remote sites (some travel required)
- Masters or PhD with a focus on related topics
- Strong software skills with C/C++ and MATLAB/Simulink
- Strong understanding of control theory, state estimation, nonlinear systems, rotation formalisms, and sensor integration/fusion
- Hands-on experience through employment, student teams, co-op, and/or personal projects
- Proficiency with Python, C#, Java, or other high level languages
- Experience with embedded systems, real-time systems, robotics, or sensors
- Interest in RC planes, quadcopters, or aviation
- Resourceful, curious, and never satisfied with the status quo
- Always thinking about how to make things more efficient
- Strong work ethic and detail-oriented
- Love learning and being challenged
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States and willing to relocate to Palo Alto, CA. To apply, send your cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcripts to email@example.com. Be sure to include Software Engineer (Navigation/Control) and your name in the subject line.