We are a fast-growing company with a single lofty goal: to bring personal aviation to the general public. Innovating at the leading edge of electric aviation technology, we have developed BlackFly, the world’s first ultralight all-electric fixed-wing VTOL personal aircraft. Join us in ushering in a new age of aviation.
We have an opening for a Software Engineer with 1 to 5 years of professional experience. New grads with coop work experience are welcome to apply. The role will largely focus on embedded development, but the ideal candidate would be capable of working in other software domains as necessary.
- Develop software/firmware for projects related to sensors, control systems, communications, and navigation for UAVs
- Improve testing automation, software quality, and data collection/analysis
- Assist in flight testing both locally and at remote sites (some travel required)
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related
- Strong software skills (C/C++) and experience with microcontrollers
- Hands-on experience through employment, student teams, and/or co-op internships
- Experience with real-time systems, Linux development, and low level communication protocols (CAN, SPI, I2C, UART)
- Proficiency with a higher level language such as Python, C#, or Java
- Familiarity with UI programming, control systems, robotics, and/or sensors
- Experience designing and debugging custom hardware (PCBs and circuits)
- Interest in RC planes, quadcopters, or aviation
- Resourceful, curious, and never satisfied with the status quo
- Always thinking about how to make things more efficient
- Strong work ethic and detail-oriented
- Love learning and being challenged
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States and willing to relocate to Palo Alto, CA. To apply, send your cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include Software Engineer (Embedded) and your name in the subject line.