We are a fast-growing company with a single lofty goal: to bring personal aviation to the general public. Innovating at the leading edge of electric aviation technology, we have developed BlackFly, the world’s first ultralight all-electric fixed-wing VTOL personal aircraft. Join us in ushering in a new age of aviation.
- Design, tailor and fabricate CNC machines to make parts from composites, aluminum, wood etc. Part sizes vary from the size of the coin to the size of a car and must be within tolerances
- Design machining and assembly fixtures to improve station times and accuracy
- Design of machines to automate manufacturing and assembly processes
- Electromechanical design of process control devices to control heat in composites curing
- Aide with mechanical design and manufacturing design, flight testing tasks as required
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering or similar
- Understanding of part fixturing, degrees of freedom, tolerance stackups
- Proficient with solid-modeling CAD software
- Demonstrated hands-on design and fabrication experience through student teams, co-op, and/or personal projects
- Demonstrated interest in making processes more efficient
- Demonstrated Interest in robotics, automation, aviation or aerospace
- Experience with CNC machines and G Code
- Experience with PLCs, microcontrollers, pneumatics, hydraulics, actuators, data acquisition
- Understanding of how information technology fits into modern engineering design and manufacturing through PLM, MES, quality records etc.
- Experience CATIA v5 CAD suite, solid modelling and surface modelling
- Experience with Python, Matlab, Labview, PLC programming a plus
- Looking for an exciting career with large positive impact
- Strong work ethic and focus on timely project completion
- Good problem solving and debugging skills
- Finds self-actualization in good engineering design, implementation and pushing the envelope
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States and willing to relocate to Palo Alto, CA. To apply, send your cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include Mechanical Engineer (Manufacturing Automation) and your name in the subject line.