We are a fast-growing company with a single lofty goal: to bring personal aviation to the general public. Innovating at the leading edge of electric aviation technology, we have developed BlackFly, the world’s first ultralight all-electric fixed-wing VTOL personal aircraft. Join us in ushering in a new age of aviation.
- Assist with test fixture design, assembly and maintenance
- Small-batch assembly and test of electronic assemblies
- Write manufacturing and test instructions
- Order electronic components from a BOM for small PCB builds
- Setup and carry out experiments and provide report of results
- Take ownership of electronics lab: organize, stock with supplies and maintain equipment
- Take ownership of ongoing electronics up-time tests: monitor status, provide updates, maintain equipment
- Maintain and grow database of electronic component PCB footprints
- Generate PCB symbols and footprints for parts from data sheets.
- Work closely with a team of electrical engineers
- Associate degree (AS) in Electronics Technology from accredited institution
- Ability to read manufacturing instructions, BOMs, wiring diagrams, circuit schematics and part datasheets
- Proficient with power tools and small hand tools: drilling, cutting, stripping, crimping, soldering and heat-shrinking wires
- Proficient with computers: manipulating images, writing documentation, experience with PCB schematic/layout software
- Experience using oscilloscopes, DMMs, and power supplies.
- Knowledge of ESD safe practices
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Excellent hand dexterity, eyesight and color perception
- Able to lift 50 lbs
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant experience
- Attention to detail, hard-working, organized, high standard of quality, excellent problem-solver
- Not afraid to ask questions or suggest process/design improvements
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with many varied and changing responsibilities
This is a full-time, salaried position with competitive salary, paid time off and holidays, and medical/vision/dental insurance. You will be required to demonstrate various detail-oriented skills during an interview.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States and willing to relocate to Palo Alto, CA. To apply, send your cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include Electronics Technician and your name in the subject line.