We are a fast-growing company with a single lofty goal: to bring personal aviation to the general public. Innovating at the leading edge of electric aviation technology, we have developed BlackFly, the world’s first ultralight all-electric fixed-wing VTOL personal aircraft. Join us in ushering in a new age of aviation.
The Electrical Engineer (Integration) role is based out of our headquarters in Palo Alto, CA. The job will require travel to both local and remote testing sites in the US and Canada. The primary responsibilities are to lead integration and validation of our hardware, as well as support flight testing operations.
- Lead investigations and carry out root cause analysis on hardware and firmware issues discovered both in flight testing and in HALT testing performed at our headquarters in Palo Alto.
- Help develop strategies for, and carry out validation of new and existing hardware and firmware.
- Provide electrical engineering support for local and remote Flight Test Operations within a larger cross-functional team (travel is required).
- Test, characterize and iterate on existing electronics assemblies, implement new features, and develop innovative solutions to new problems.
- Undergraduate or post-graduate degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Experience debugging complex electrical, electronic, and software controlled systems
- Proficient at troubleshooting circuits using oscilloscopes, multi-meters and logic analyzers
- Proficient at writing and debugging firmware (C/C++) for MCUs in embedded systems
- Experience with common communication protocols (SPI, UART, CAN)
- Hands-on experience through student teams, co-op, and/or personal projects
- Able to lift 50 lbs
- Familiarity with designing for high vibration and high temperature environments
- Familiarity with EMI and EMC testing and validation
- Familiarity GPS and UAV sensors
- Interest in RC planes, quadcopters, or aviation
- Resourceful, curious, observant, and never satisfied with the status quo
- Always thinking about how to improve things and increase efficiency
- Thrive in a fast-paced, and sometimes high-pressure environment
- Strong work ethic and detail-oriented
- Love learning and being challenged
- Comfortable with the physical demands of flight testing
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States and willing to relocate to Palo Alto, CA. To apply, send your cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcripts to email@example.com. Be sure to include Electrical Engineer (Integration) and your name in the subject line.